Uber uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
Uber uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services.
This includes using the information to:
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services
- Process or facilitate payments for those services
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to Uber, split fares, or share your ETA
- Enable features to personalize your Uber account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services. For example, we collect information from driver partners' devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviors. This also includes, for example, our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts driver partners to share a selfie before going online. This helps ensure that the driver partner using the app matches the Uber account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Customer support
Uber uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
Uber uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver partner may text or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- Communications from Uber
Uber may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. Uber may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. Uber may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Uber's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.